Why Do People Need Kemble Church?
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him" (Colossians 3:17).
I have been preaching a sermon series called Catch: Three Important Questions: Why do people need Jesus Christ, why do people need the Church, and why do people need Kemble Church. On May 24, 2018, I surveyed 15% of our worship service attendees from the 8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. worship services. I asked them the question: Why do people need Kemble Church and here is what they said:
- At Kemble, we can fellowship with people from many different walks of life but, with one common belief in Jesus Christ and God's word.
- People need Kemble Church because of the consistent and relentless efforts of our Pastor who cares deeply about our spiritual growth in growing us closer to Christ through prayer, and the reading of the Bible.
- Kemble Church is a place where you grow spiritually, in the presence of like-minded people, who truly care and love one another, and are there for you in your deepest trials.
- I can literally feel myself being brought closer to God.
- Kemble has become a very friendly and welcoming church. The Kemble Church family is supportive especially in times of need. I have found my church family to be always there for me.
- Kemble gives me hope. For many years of my life, I had felt defeated. I had a very “poor me” mentality. I often wondered what I had done to deserve some of the sadness I had experienced. Kemble has helped give me hope and see life in a more positive way. Seeing my children get involved in the community outreach programs truly restored my hope. I thank Kemble for its strong community ties and programs that allow us to give back. This is something me and my children need in our lives.
- At Kemble, I have a family who cares about me, who rejoices with me, who cries with me, who lifts me up, who supports me, who loves me.
- At Kemble, you will find warmth and inclusiveness.
- Kemble welcomes diversity and is building so many programs to offer to our community.
- At Kemble Church, you will never walk alone. You will receive God's help and the members' support.
- Kemble offers great programs; women’s group, men’s group, community outreach (community lunch for the poor, clothing drive, music camp, fall festival, friends & family Sunday), bible study, children’s church, and more.
- We have a Men’s Discipleship group, where we literally study the Bible and yet we reach out to the Community with a monthly lunch, primarily for the poor and homeless.
- Kemble is a place where people can find peace away from their worries from the outside world - a place to share and participate in worship.
- I need Kemble because Kemble is a home away from home. It is a place where I can be as happy, relaxed, and comfortable as in my own home.
- If you are struggling with difficulties in your life such as depression, mental illness to name a couple, Kemble will give you the opportunity to find in our house of worship, just what the doctor ordered.
- I am comfortable here; I can be who I am while I work to become who God wants me to be.
- I have found some of the dearest friends of my life here at Kemble. Friends that are more like family, who accept me as I am and love me even when I am not quite so lovable.
- Once I saw how open and friendly Kemble was, and how genuine and caring; I knew it was where I needed to be.
- Kemble is a place to have your eyes opened to the needs of others, and a place to begin to "love your neighbor as yourself" through group volunteer opportunities that can provide greater service to the needy than one can do alone.
- At Kemble, you will find many committed, supportive, and sympathetic people of faith with whom to share the journey.
- Kemble Church allows me continuing opportunities to align my will with God's will.
- Kemble Church has an early learning program to offer young families.
- Each Sunday, the Pastor's sermon is thought provoking with a topic that relates to various Scriptures that deepen my faith. I often reflect on the Scripture during the week when situations arise, where I need to make critical decisions when interacting with other people and need to make important choices.
- Kemble Church provides me with a community of Christians that I can fellowship with.
- Kemble has afforded me the opportunity to further my journey in seeking God through actions and service - and for that, I will be forever grateful.
- WE ALL CAN USE A LITTLE KEMBLE!!!
We are leaning into our mission, which states that "Kemble Church is a welcoming, faithful, and caring Christian community offering hope and support to make a difference in the world through God's word and our deeds."